Tuesday, December 7, 2010

"Fame is the first disgrace ...."

"Because God knows who you are." How is this relative to Las Vegas? Maybe because so many famous people are found in Las Vegas. I was given this quote, from "The Local Stigmatic" by a friend. I don't think he was using it in context when I read it on, of all things, a Christmas card. Sometimes I don't follow his thought processes at all, although he has his moments ... so do I. But I like this quote. I don't know if fame is a disgrace .... I think it's human to desire fame, although not everyone will admit that the want fame ... some have it beaten out of them early on. They think they want to be invisible ... they just think they have to be safe and being invisible is one way. So is fame a disgrace if no one else knows who you are? Are we being famous for God or famous in spite of God, because we want to have a face. I don't know but I'm intrigued and if you've gotten this far, so are you.

No comments: