Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Liven UNLV

It's the end of the semester, I've been pondering the results of the continuing sage of the return to court to change the plea to guilty and this quote fell right out of my textbook, a book I have been reading all semester with nothing out of the ordinary exhibiting signs of life.

Here it is, "...should ethical decisions be based on the consequences of such decisions, or on the fulfillment of a duty." Sharon Merriam. p 282. The Profession and Practice of Adult Education. The quote is talking about ethics and the field of Adult Education. I borrow it here as I reflect on the continuing story of, going to court.

The day of Court arrived, and the judge seemed amiable, more amicable, this time. He frowned when looked up,

"What are you doing here again?" > "I'm chainging my plea." < "Why?" > "I don't have enough money to pay the bail to contest the charge." < "If I reduce the bail will you fight the ticke?" < "Yes." < "Can you pay $250 by the first of January?" < "Yes." < "Okay."

Was it an ethical decision to change the plea due to the amount of the bail?
You decide
Was it a fulfillment of a duty to agree to fight the ticket when the bail was reduced?
On you.
So, to answer the question, is it possible to answer it?

More to follow.....

No comments: